davesideways wrote:
Well, its just a cruise round Britain isn't it.

yes and no.

It's a bit like popping down the local for a couple of quiet pints and then by the end of the night everyone's pissed up and there's been a big fight.  ;D

ie - things can get out of hand, especially with the bravado and tiredness and adrenalin.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

timbancroft61 wrote:
The Spittie incident was 2004, sorry to be pedantic.

Obviously the Club wants a successful event. Apart from that 04 prang the RBRR has never had a bad prang. Of course the probability goes up with more cars, but I see no issue as long as people are diligent.

Really! Time flies. Done so many i cant remember now!!!!!!

While an accident involving one of the participants (NOT competitors) is bad enough, one involving a civilian would be disasterous.    Didn't we have the police in Scotland seeking to interview someone last time about a near miss incident?
I hope you have their  number, Tim!
John

The incident in Conon was the following:
Nigel Gaid was driving along when he got cut up by a Volvo at the end of a dual C/way. The Volvo hit Nigel's rear quarter and then drove off. Nigel obviously fed up went after him, to no avail. Some one else reported that a loud car was driving recklessly to the local constabulary (Misinformation), the Police then set out after Nigel (Who obviously was blameless).
They (The Police) eventually found their way to The Conon Bridge Hotel and had a chat with Nigel, as Nigel could not give the Volvo reg no. nothing was done to help Nigel. Jim McGuiness who was the CT Marshal at Conon helped a great deal by explaining the event etc to the coppers. Good work by McJim.

No problems at all apart from Nigel's car needing a new rear quarter! Nigel has done over 10 RBRRs and is a staunch supporter of the event- top guy with a top car.

Touch of the old 'Chinese Whispers'.

Archived