• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was problem with the ME3000, that the rear suspension was setup with no toe-in where as the Esprit had 1/16'' toe-in.

I can't recall where I read that but this was supposed to have been key to it's downfull, Always thought it was an underrated car.

Congratulations David.

So does all this panicking about which envelopes are opened first translate to start order...? is there a handicap being Numero 100?

If this were a gentlemans club such unseemly behavior would be superceded by some logical polite order....eldest driver first, smallest engine first, oldest car, women first , transvestites 2nd and the hairy chested last.

... or perhaps The Plough could open all the fire doors and we could LeMans it.

in any case... Gentlemen Start Your Engines!

I've posted the entry list in a seperate thread. As I wasn't here when the vast majority of entries arrived my wife collected then together for me and marked the envelopes, I opened them in that order. The only one I fudged was my own entry :-)

So, the entry is "full" the reserve list is open and it's not even been 2 weeks! Who said the classic car movement is apathetic?

• 3 weeks later...

Jason wrote:
Who said the classic car movement is apathetic?

Jason wrote:
the classic car movement is apathetic

Erm ... I think it was you, Meeester Cheeen  ;D

Personally I reckon 100 cars is more than enough, given the sort of chaotic nonsense and delirious tomfoolery that goes on in the darkness of an autumnal Northumberland night (and that's only the first night!)

I agree. The more cars the more likely there is to be an incident/s.

This is not taking anything away from the organisers, though, I'm aware that a lot of work goes in, and there are drivers briefings, etc.

It's certainly always better to act ahead of legislation, though. Which is what CT have done, getting all MSA serious, etc, especially on the 10CR.

Few things to say:

1. 120 Entrants this time (Increased due to no. of applicants) . Thats the limit that the Start and Finish venue can accomodate. Also anymore will put pressure on JOG and LE brekkie venues.

2.MSA: TAP acheived for the first time in 2006 after alot of work. I will do the same this time. Harder to get a TAP for the RBRR than the 10CR as all driving in the UK.

3. A few driving incidents last time that could have been avoided. At both driving meetings we managed to get a very experienced Test Driver to come and have a chat with us all about the type of driving that should be exhibited by all entrants, he also gave loads of tips etc. This was good and I felt that with gaining the TAP the Club discharged its duty to entrants and other road users. Saying that I realise that the Club should endeavour to be thorough and push thsi aspect of the event, so we will do more this time.
However we cannot be held totally responsible for the conduct for a few entrants-when I say a few I mean 2 or 3 and I know who they are. I will be having a word before the event with these particular people.
I think the best way to ask people to to drive better is to engender a sense of camarderie and belonging to all entrants- make people feel part of the event! Treat people with respect and they will act respectfully!

Please note that this event has a great record through the years when it comes to driving and any incidents, it is up to all participants, and all involved to ensure that that we maintain this fact.

It's crucial that participants treat others with respect - last year I observed a few hairy moments. Whilst this is often within groups where everyone is known to each other and used to this kind of driving - they must be careful not to spill over to others.

I obviously have not done anything like this other than motorcycle trips away; I would have thought that people attending events such as this one would have done so with safety at the top of any agenda.
I am glad top see the limit has been increased on this event, My application is in the post. Are there routes or just check points?
Thanks
Rob

timbancroft61 wrote:
Few things to say:

1. 120 Entrants this time (Increased due to no. of applicants) . Thats the limit that the Start and Finish venue can accomodate. Also anymore will put pressure on JOG and LE brekkie venues.

2.MSA: TAP acheived for the first time in 2006 after alot of work. I will do the same this time. Harder to get a TAP for the RBRR than the 10CR as all driving in the UK.

3. A few driving incidents last time that could have been avoided. At both driving meetings we managed to get a very experienced Test Driver to come and have a chat with us all about the type of driving that should be exhibited by all entrants, he also gave loads of tips etc. This was good and I felt that with gaining the TAP the Club discharged its duty to entrants and other road users. Saying that I realise that the Club should endeavour to be thorough and push thsi aspect of the event, so we will do more this time.
However we cannot be held totally responsible for the conduct for a few entrants-when I say a few I mean 2 or 3 and I know who they are. I will be having a word before the event with these particular people.
I think the best way to ask people to to drive better is to engender a sense of camarderie and belonging to all entrants- make people feel part of the event! Treat people with respect and they will act respectfully!

Please note that this event has a great record through the years when it comes to driving and any incidents, it is up to all participants, and all involved to ensure that that we maintain this fact.

There is at least one post in this thread that makes you wonder if people fully grasp the event! Maybe the statement, "its not a race" needs more repetition  :-/

A big off would be very bad. After the incident with the spit last time, while we were making sure the occupants were ok, all i could here was cars (ours) locking up on the wet road trying to avoid running into each other. I was waiting for the crunch, but fortunately it never came!

Archived