A bit of gentle heat should help. Failing that, call in at a car bodywork place or vehicle signwriters before you do too much damage and ask if they have any tips for sticker removal, they do this sort of thing all the time.

Chatterton, I'm surprised that you managed to get the stickers to adhere in the first place with the amount of polishing you've undertaken on that poor car.

A bit of gentle heat should help. Failing that, call in at a car bodywork place or vehicle signwriters before you do too much damage and ask if they have any tips for sticker removal, they do this sort of thing all the time.

Chatterton, I'm surprised that you managed to get the stickers to adhere in the first place with the amount of polishing you've undertaken on that poor car.

I don't know what is wrong with some peoples paint - mine just lifted off last night... (that would be the wax i put on a few days before stickering)

But still - those stickers used the least tacky glue ever - there's not a sticker less sticky or it would fall off...

I havedone  all the usual things waxed the paint work twice before fitting and used gentle heat to remove ,as i said the last time
this happened was in 1998 and thats when i was a novice to all this, as far as being less sticky the one removed from the drivers door came off leaving all of the sticky bit still attached to the door and i still have to remove that any suggestions what to use

The magnets were an inspired choice! Bill had brought sheets of magnetic stuff from America that were big enough for four of the larger stickers (the Carbon offset stickers had to be stuck on as we ran out of magnet). I must admit I was a bit sceptical that they would stay on, but they didn't move at all. I've no idea how much they were, but maybe the industrial quantites we would need for each entry to be supplied with magnets could bring the cost down?

All my sponsorship adverts were on magnetic sheets about A3 size these were on the bonnet and boot they cost £2 each ,they stayed put all the time from home in leicestershire to our grinding halt at Grantham, No breakfasts No pies and No cakes,just abloody great void all weekend and countless hours checking the website to see how everyone was doing

with regards to paint coming off when removing the stickers the problem will only happen if the paint has not been applied correctly. the stickers are not the problem in my opinion.

use a heat gun to soften the sticker so it comes off in one piece and less stress on the paintwork.

for the glue left on the paintwork use panel wipe to remove but remember to re polish the area as panel wipe removes all polish and protection to the paint

tom

I've stuck plenty of stickers on my cars - even with vinyl that is meant to stay on - be gentle and it'll come off without marking. The adhesive is not the problem - it wont eat your paint - the issue is ripping them off.. Last  RBRR we had stickers falling off whilst on the event.

White spirit will help you take off the adhesive - but you'll need to polish and wax it after to protect. Check it on some hidden paint first.

Archived