Plan B was the altogether more together van rather than the camper - we had a mattress in the back and a bloody great big speaker for the mono (newer motors might have stereos these days, apparently). These features were not complementary - you can't really sleep with the mono blasting. Luckily the whole sleep or music question was solved when the rain came down and the Atlast leaked from every orifice - both the mattress and the mono got very wet but the damp kept us awake :-)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AlanChatterton wrote:
Yeah, but think of 2 things.

1) Free tea/coffee and bacon butties at EVERY control point

2) Watching Sorbs trying to lug a caravan round the fun twisty bit after leaving John O'Groats.............

Gotta be worth it just for the comedy value!!

Sounds like a great idea to me!  All you need now is a cheap caravan.  As it happens, I know where such a contraption is available.  It even has a working gas cooker and fridge.................

Tim has said that he's looking at ways to get the RBRR up to 2000 miles and then I had this really, really great idea.

If the Tour de France can visit countries like Switzerland, Belgium and even England, the why can't the RBRR make a visit to the Isle of Wight!

A wee rest on the ferry would be very welcome.

I wouldn't want the RBRR to go the way of the former RAC Rally of Great Britain, now firmly located in Wales.

We may not get further out of London than the M25.

How many times would we have to go round the M25 to do 2000 miles?

I doubt we could do 2000 miles round the M25 in 48 hours due to traffic anyway.

Jim.

Archived