Ashley Hardtop glass window wanted

sparky_spit

I am the current custodian of the ex- Mike Bishop/Jon Ranwell/Chris Sherrington fastback Spitfire hardtop that ship’s engineer Phil very kindly delivered to me in Essex, from Scotland some time back.  I’m now just starting to look at restoring it. It’s an Ashley GRP moulding as shown in the picture below (not my car though) and is complete with all it’s parts, including a scrap of lurid green shagpile headlining.

What is missing though is the nearside teardrop shaped glass window (see picture of the offside one which I have).  Does anybody have a nearside glass window available?  A long shot, I know, but I thought I’d ask.

I have been in contact with MotoBuild who now own Ashley  currently produce hardtops for MG Midgets and Spitfires but with no luck. They can make me a Perspex one but I’d like to try and find a glass one if at all possible.

Apologies for posting on multiple forums but I want to get as large a coverage as possible. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Quoted from sparky_spit-

I

What is missing though is the nearside teardrop shaped glass window (see picture of the offside one which I have).  Does anybody have a nearside glass window available?  A long shot, I know, but I thought I’d ask.

We have some odds and sods of glass from various aftermarket fastback Spitfire hard tops. However they aren't marked up as to what they are off, and I have no reference here. A good picture of your existing one with some dimensions might help, email me at work.

David