Costume / period dress required

I am sure people will get fed up of me on this forum soon - just tell me and I'll keep quiet! :'(

Until then though, I have noticed one or two "heavy" discussions starting to take place so I thought I would try and introduce something a bit lighter.

Any one thought about doing the run in fancy dress for example? I know a few years ago a crew did it in dinner suits which must have raised a smile. :)

I have been discussing the wedgetastic seventieness of the TR7 - should I be getting some flares sorted, or maybe a John Travolta suit perhaps? ??) ??)

Our neighbours hat a 70's party for New Year - my wife got some dye kits and we tie dyed some T shirts, put on our best flares and painted peace signs on our faces - it was like totally mellow man -oops, slipped back into character there. I could do the RBRR like that and at the end of two days I would smell like an authentic hippy too!
The abortive maiden voyage of the Stretch had the crew in Blues Brothers costume don't forget - it didn't do them much good unfortunately  8)

LOL - imagine trying to flag down a passing motorist in Afro wig and loon pants! Reminds me of the tale of one of my mates - he and a bunch of engineering students were on their way to a fancy dress party dressed as the A team - complete with plastic Colt 45s, M16 guns and a drain pipe bazooka. It was late they were a bit lost so they stopped at a 24 hour petrol station and all climbed out of the car - the attendant thought it was a raid and pressed the panic button - Merseyside police were not in a joking mood and the A Team were detained for several hours. Unfortunately the authorities didn't see the funny side of it whilst the students did, right up until they were handcuffed! I think if that was to happen today they might have got shot!

Took a look at the car saga pages and found several problems.
AJPs photos not available and Raiders (Mr) photo was not as it should.....
Who made these pages? if you need a hand, let me know.

Andy, wasn't expecting to see you running the Union Jack 'up the flagpole'...........

• 6 months later...

I have now got everything in place for my costume - took a bit of doing but I have managed it.

To be honest there is one part that wouldn't make sense driving in for 48 hours but apart from that I'm sorted.

Any guesses what I am going as ??) ::)

Quote:
It's such a worry!

And then there's the music -

T-Rex, Slade, Sweet, Mud, the Rubettes, Showaddywaddy - don't worry I'll have the windows wound down so I can share the 70s experience. ;D

In fact, come to think of it, with the 70s tartan-tastic interior on the 7 maybe a bit of shang-a-lang? :o

Archived