Although the stickers provided are pretty fool proof, I have had problems in the past where some small amounts of paint has come off with the said stickers.
Last time I used the Courier for the RBRR I was advised to smear vasline where the stickers go, this prooved to be very effective and the stickers still stayed stuck for the run..
Chris

You want some wax on there before you put it on... I have some stuff that will be excellent for this - I can bring it with me on the day of the RBRR if you like... thought it might be better to put it on before the run and let it cure...

Mr Bling

Brazillian Carnuba? I must confess to being a convert to the art of Bling. James put me onto a great place to get your Bling Bling car shiny stuf from and so far the stuff I've used has been excellent - waxing your car really does make it shine and whilst I'm no concours man I do like a shiny car. The side effect of this is that when you take it out on the motorway in the lashing rain you get that lovely beading of water rushing towards you, over the bonnet, up the screen (past the non-functioning wipers) and through the header rail seal to drip onto your knees. Convertibles, you can't beat them for sheer driver involvement - I love it. Oh, back to the Bling point - the crap doesn't stick to your waxed car and washing it is really easy after such a blast down the motorway. The clear perspex polish for the windws was also 100% and has revived them really well. Just need to get the black hood reviver now although I think a new top may be in order as we will use the car year round.
The guy who sell sthe stuff is pretty good, talked me out of expensive and into cheaper stuff. He's a one man band http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/

Moohaahaa - another one converted to the way of the bling...

Like Jason says - it's not a concours thing - it has two benefits even the red blooded male appreciates... shiney looking car with well protected paintwork and the ease of washing afterwards. It's not just a shiney thing - its protects too.

Waxing the windows (with the right wax - usually paste and pure carnauba) also means if your wipers pack up then the rain will just sheet off at speed... Im not saying you can drive safely like this - but it might save you ditching it on the hard shoulder! Also reduced wiper noise and wear is an added bonus.

Thinking about the wax for the stickers - we can put it on thickly and not buff it off - stick on the sticker - and then wipe off the excess... if Vaseline works - then this will - and easier to apply...

On  removing the stickers from the last run, I put the paint removal down to the extremely poor paint finish my 2500TC saloon had.

As I'm taking a 2000 estate this year, there's plenty of window space to fill up. I think the stickers will be going on there this time, just to be safe!

Russell.

• 1 year later...

I used to work in signwriting and it was pretty common practice to use diluted washing-up liquid for this. It really helps position the decal in the first place as its slides about until you are happy with it, then you remove the excess liquid with a credit card (anything flat and fleaxible and not likely to 'knick' the vinyl. The decal will be fixed fairly tight in about 45 mins, and then solid after about 3 or 4 (depending on weather / heat etc). When it comes to removing them then as Jason said a hair dryer helps, and if you've used washing-up liquid, it heats up and the vinyl comes off REALLY easily.

We use stick on numbers for our rally's  We find the use of Windex or any good glass cleaner sprayed on first works well.  For mine I use the magnetic cards used for advertising.  Tim: If you read this I will be happy to bring our local club window sticker's with me for any one who might like to have one.  They are about the same size as the Club Triumph ones.  Just let me know.  Bill

Archived