The pop up roof is a piece of craftsmanship - it's all plywood and hinges with some big gaps, just like a Triumph :-) I was going to say that we couldn't run with the pop up roof because we'd be travelling too fast and the wind speed would damage it but then I realised that the words "Atlas" and "speed" don't belong in the same sentence  :B Legend has it that the RBRR timings can be met by a 948 Herald, we should be fine then  8)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason wrote:
The pop up roof is a piece of craftsmanship - it's all plywood and hinges with some big gaps, just like a Triumph :-) I was going to say that we couldn't run with the pop up roof because we'd be travelling too fast and the wind speed would damage it but then I realised that the words "Atlas" and "speed" don't belong in the same sentence  :B Legend has it that the RBRR timings can be met by a 948 Herald, we should be fine then  8)

Don't 948's weigh slightly less than a small rodent? And won't you have approximately 4 tonnes of bacon on board? Sensing a speed difference, and that's apart from the fact that it appears to have the aerodynamics of a brick.

b_baxter wrote:

Don't 948's weigh slightly less than a small rodent? And won't you have approximately 4 tonnes of bacon on board? Sensing a speed difference, and that's apart from the fact that it appears to have the aerodynamics of a brick.

Aeordynamics weren't invented when the Atlas was plucked from the primeval ooze and yes it does weigh a bit but then the two big blokes driving it will weigh a bit too and well, you see the reason why it will have something more meaty in the engine department as befits two fat gits in a burger van :-)

Since all Heralds and Vitesses etc were designed and built by STI, or Standard-Triumph International, then there should be no problem with a Standard Atlas participating in the RBRR.

Remembering also that the Standard 10 is known as the Triumph 10 on this side of the pond.

Keep it in the family, so to speak!

Damn, wish I could be there.

L

Archived