Well Done 10CR Crews!

Deleted User

Congratulations to everyone who took part on this weekends event.  With particular thanks to all of those who arranged the event, a thank less task at times.  An excellent weekend, a great trip, great company, lets do it again next weekend or perhaps 2007 would be a better idea.

Peter & Lesley - Car 22

Made it back to the plough @ about 4 pm after doing a bit of french shopping and getting the late ferry-I let the shed roll into the car park first yep she made it!  :D 3 weeks ago it was a bag of bits sitting outside a garage! today it managed to break its 80mph duck! and started to pull a bit better? strange it seemed to loosen up as the run went on-Ive got to let it off, the engine had not been started in 4 years untill last friday!
The run well there is lots to talk about! but I need some kip! I am  at work at the moment sorting things for the rest of the week so back to the grind with a crash just waiting for the 10CR blues to set in!

Quoted from Jason
Good to see you invading Europe in the Supersix mate, I was just wondering if you've decided whether it was a good idea afterall Binman??  :-/

I'll reflect on that before I answer, at the moment I'm overdosed on windnoise, sleep deprivation and rain soaking.  It will be a week or two before I even want to see the car again

need to go to the Ring, missed it this time.  The alpine passes were hyper impressive but the PI calibration almost couldn't cope with the altitude, but the sleep deprivation...

I think we proved the trip can be done in the most unsuitable car (4 wheeled motorcycle?) and that the car could do it ( pat on the back to me) but it isn't the most appropriate vehicle for such a trip.

Might be a case of been there, done that, where's the next KicK?

meanwhile, need to sleep

Ciao,

Quote:
My earlier question was not intended to offend anyone,unlike its response. I was pleased with the success of the heralds,that's all.  Anyone who encountered difficulties naturally have all our sympathies -do you really think I would derive pleasure from another person's misfortune. I would like to inform other club members that I was not trying to be a "smart  b***** "  Nice way to finish a smashing weekend --I don't think!

Dave, you have really got the wrong end of the stick - there's no way Tim would have said anything like that and meant it ;)  Just his humour.

It was great to get to know you and I know you had a great time. I look forward to seing your smiling face again on another CT bash - you seemed to just love the event and have a load of fun which is what it is all about :)

It was those crash barriers that covered the road in Splugen, makes the wheel spin and the driver grin but boy does it stink!

Let's not get too sensitive about the comments made on here, I mean we all know that what ever car we drive it's the best and how even many cylinders, valves or seats it's got then that's the best too ;-)

At the end of the day we're all Club Triumph, the club that does, again and again - whatever Triumph you drive.

Now I'm a firm fan of the Vitesse but I've always had a fond regard for Dolomites even though they are a bit modern. Now I have even more respect - we did Col de Vars, Col do Bonette, Stelvio and all passes nearby! Up to 9000+ feet and back down to sit on the motorway for 16 hours at between 70 and 90 mph, a nice 100mph past Jabeke (special detour for this) and the car never missed a beat, despite being battered on some really bad mountain roads.

Many lessons learnt and despite this being my second 10CR I'm still learning! I'm going to write some of these lessons down so I don't forget next time!

Don't just polish it, beast it round Europe for a few days you'll not regret it :-)

[table[i]]
"Official stats:
40 Starters
36 Finishers
10% attrition- 3 GT6s ( Bl**dy gutted about this!)and a Vitesse (Extremely gutted about this!)"
[/i].[/table]

Where were the oficial finishers supposed to finish? We made it back, so did Doug and Colin, the Irish team got back and I believe the 4th GT6 team got back as well...not necessarily all at the same time though; all four red GT6s returned!

Archived