Well Done 10CR Crews!

Deleted User

Well done to all those of you who have battled your way around Europe.

We've all been following your progress and adventures on the Canley Classics website.

Great idea, whoever came up with that one.

Can't wait to see all the photos posted on the website.

And I think a huge thanks and congratulations to Raider from the Club for all his organisation.  The hours, the tears, the frustrations must all seem worth it now, Raider.

Congratulations Raider, your vision of the 10CR has proved a great success.

Ditto, McJim.

Mr Gingell came up with the web message board of course!!!

I too have been gripped to it and have really enjoyed checking out what's been happening.
I think I'll have to get over for the next one!

I attempted my own version of the 10CR ... on a 500 mile round trip to the in-laws, and got to drive the 2500 S on some good red Aussie gravel.
Obviously not as exciting as the real thing, but I bet no one on the 10CR narrowly missed a Kangaroo whilst sliding on the loose stuff ... although knowing what some of the jinks will have involved it wouldn't surprise me!

Well we're back in south london, had a great time, engine didn't miss a beat all way round, unlike the lights, our instument lights went as we were going round the hairpins south of Dijon, and it was only after we stopped an hour later that we found out from the cars following us that our tail lights had gone out too. It was ok though they could see where we were by the sparks flying off the exhaust everytime it grounded, turned out to be a dodgy fuse connection so everything was fine after that.

Big thank you to Martin for organising the event and Paul and Dean for the accomodation organisation. Roll on 10CR 2007, hopefully with better weather.

I'll try and post some pics at some point.

Charlie

Well done cars!

Not alot of time switched off over 5 days  and some serverely thrashed- how good is that for 25-45 year old machinery! Thanks Harry Webster and his team of designers!

Official stats:
40 Starters
36 Finishers
10% attrition- 3 GT6s ( Bl**dy gutted about this!)and a Vitesse (Extremely gutted about this!).

My earlier question was not intended to offend anyone,unlike its response. I was pleased with the success of the heralds,that's all.  Anyone who encountered difficulties naturally have all our sympathies -do you really think I would derive pleasure from another person's misfortune. I would like to inform other club members that I was not trying to be a "smart  b***** "  Nice way to finish a smashing weekend --I don't think!

Quoted from jonathan_binnington Tim, have you got me and john down as finishere, despite we caught an early ferry and missed the official finish?

Good to see you invading Europe in the Supersix mate, I was just wondering if you've decided whether it was a good idea afterall Binman??  :-/

Archived