Sunday overnight

Raider

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams 18 and 20 will be camping again and will want the BBQ too.

This will be another great day on the 10CR - It will have started in Liechtenstein, breakfast at the Nurburgring and travel up thru Luxembourg and belgium to the overnight at a farm house with a super BBQ - what a great way to "end" the 10CR 8)

Yeah, an excellent way to end the last full days driving, however I will be finishing the 10CR by having a pint and attending the Club Triumph commitee meeting- hopefully raving about the 10CR and stating what a fantastic job Martin has done.

How good is it that Dean and Paul have taken so much time out to sort out accomodation- thanks.

Martin- did you get my PM?

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1110130860,s=52 date=1115935881]
Martin- did you get my PM?[/quote]

Sure did - what have I let myself in for? ::)

Bit cryptic I suppose but one of life's mysteries :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay....I've been away from my PC for a bit. Team 2 will be in a Hotel, most likely in Bruges but nothing booked yet, so we'll probably give the BBQ a miss (boring I know....and I love a good feed too...) and p'raps see you in Bruges for that beer in the square?

The BBQ is early evening and intended to be eaten by us all. Whether you're in a room, tent, or elsewhere.
I've got this set this up and i'm not going to be backing down easily.
Of course for the teams staying in Bruges it makes sense to eat near your hotel. But you're going to be only 20 mins from the centre. I bet some teams will be making a trip into Bruges after the BBQ anyway.
Dont mean to sound ratty, Nick. My eyes are begining to blur, i've been surfing so long (again) tonight.
There are a couple of hotels close to the farmhouse, Nick (or anyone else) let me know if you'd like info.
Malcolm, I haven't received an email, but i may still fit you in.

Dean.

Keep those replies coming!

I'm seeing who's prepared to share a large duplex room with whom at the moment.
Like i say there are beds available, but if i can't make up small groups to fill to capacity some beds will be unused.
Nevertheless there is always the possibilty of camping, and i have a few back ups if absolutely necessary.

Dean.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote by=v8dean link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1110130860,s=59 date=1117148269]
Dont mean to sound ratty, Nick. [/quote]

Not a problem Dean, apologies for my late reply which I understand wouldn't make your task easier! It is, however, most likely that after a long day driving (and having reached the hotel) I'll struggle to convince my co-driver to get back in the car for anything. It's most likely we'll choose to stay in Bruges centre but thanks for the offer.

Nick

I understand your reasoning, and if you really can't be bludgeoned into it, i wont bother trying.
I will repeat thought, that we are aiming to hit the farmhouse early evening(which is feasible) before those that are up for it, taking a spin into Bruges itself, and then moving off to our respective sleeping places.

Either way keep me posted with your plans so i can keep the database up to date. Last time around it was nice to group up with other teams sharing the same accomodation.

Dean.

Dean,
Provisionally there's be a crew of 3 and we'll camp (in a tent as opposed to mincing around saying "ooo la la") although we might mince a little.
BBQ - as long as it's dead and burnt, we'll eat it.

I'll confirm all this on the weekend when we've actually got the entry in!

[quote by=v8dean link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1110130860,s=64 date=1118353582]

if you really can't be bludgeoned into it, i wont bother trying.

[/quote]
I really can't be!!

We're booked into a pleasant little hotel we've used before, Hotel Europ, a stones throw from the centre of Bruges.

Don't want to appear to be acting against the spirit of the event but I know how Carol and I will feel at this point in the trip, collapsing into a comfortable hotel will be a necessity. Anyone who knows me would know I'd normally take the camping option everytime but I'm likely to be doing the lions share of the driving hence the comfort requirement.

To give everyone an idea on timing - we should be arriving at the farmhouse from 4.15PM local time so I imagine we should all have arrived by 6.30 :)

I think I will be happy to just enjoy the BBQ - I don't think I'll be venturing into Bruges

• 1 month later...

Those that would like hotel info can you let me know asap the type of accomodation that you require local room/B+B/budget hotel/other hotel. Double room y/n? Twin room y/n? single rooms? amount needed.
I wont be booking any 'rat infested dumps', only tidy reasonably priced accomodation.
I'll be trying to group bookings as much as possible.

team Sunday night    BBQ
         accommodation
1OKTent                        2
2OKHotel - Bruges      ?  
3OKTent                        3
4OKTent                        3
5OKTent                        2
6Ok for room+T21   2
7Ok for room             2
8           7+8               2
9OK for room            3
10room?                     2
11OK for room           3
12OKTent                2  
13   ?
14OKTent                       2  
15oK for Room          2
16OK for Room            2
17   ?
18OKTent                       2  
19OKsharing with T24     2
20OKTent                      2  
21OKsharing with T6    2
22Ok for room            3
23OKTent                       2
24OK sharing with T19       2
25Ok for sharing room           2
26Ok for private room    2
27OK for sharing          2
28OKTent                        3
29OkTent                      2
30OKTent                      2
31??????????                2
32OK Tent                      2       
33OK Tent                      3
34????????????
35room?                                  2
36room?                                  2
37???????????
38??????????
39????????????
40????????????

total bbq   69
For those that cant download the file.
This is what i've already noted down.
Keep those replies coming, please.

Dean.  

Dean
Team 33 Sam Paul Andy.
Would like to reserve camping for probably one tent 3 people (think will struggle for space for any more) and will be up for the barbeque. Tim suggested that we take a roof rack and  collect any  wild animals that are unfortunate enough to stray in our path on the way round to add to the sunday night menu. Sam seems to have the knack of running into small and large animals late at night so we should have plenty of grub!
Cheers
Paul

Archived