Nuerburgring Nordschleife

Andy Flexney

Playing the Arcade mode, had a couple of tries at the 'ring, used a RUF 911, loads of oversteer and came last, then went for a M5, still poor, reached 185MPH down the straight still came last. Its a bit narrow and the road has a crown, therfore always attempting to push you into the channels.
God knows how you can remember the course.
Looking forward to starting at the GT Mode and get going.
Will start with something revvy and Japanese, prob. go for a VTEC Civic- Umm! Rice rockets!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to do the license tests first - getting gold can be a pain in the arse, but bronze is fairly straightforward - and you win cars for doing them...

Did have a go at the 'ring in arcade mode though - I didn't do too well either. ;D

• 2 months later...

A little more than one month to go to the Nurburgring race way. Time to get prepared. Brakes, oil, tires and of course a little knowledge of the track side would be a good thing to carry over to germany.

The best you can do is to learn the track from some videos (24h race, Egon 500......) and busy using the GT4 game.

Se'ya on the trackside.

Chris

At the 24th-26 of June I will do a little racing at the GP track.

It will be a hard weekend:

- Race at Saturday and Sunday
- 2h  free driving at the Northloop
- and 30min free driving at the GP track.

All in all about 400km at high speed. I hope for Sir John Black to hold his helping hand over me.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Just bought EVO magazine, great article/guide about the Nurburgring including a corner by corner anaylsis, so this c/w GT4 should make it extra fun! However the article does state that the real thing is a bit daunting. The common thought is that a 100 laps are needed to fully remember the track!

Four recommended websites:
www.neurburgring.de
www.nurburgring.org.uk
www.24h-rennen.de
www.nurburgring-videos.com

The current production car lap record is 7:18:01 held by a Donkervoort D8 270RS (Audi 1.8TT engined Caterham Seven type car), Phil Bennett the Touring Cra driver is second in a Radical SR3 Turbo lagging a second behind. These must be seriously fast cars- a Mclaren F1 powered by a BMW V12 chucking out 750BHP was at 7:50:00 10 years ago!

Chris,
What is your fastest lap?

All i want to do is drive the circuit!  BTW the article also states where you can get those cool 'Ring outline stickers, one can see on the back of various Elise, Sevens, etc.

So everyone doing the 10CR bring your crash lid!

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1098184129,s=129 date=1120847570]
Chris,
What is your fastest lap?

All i want to do is drive the circuit!  BTW the article also states where you can get those cool 'Ring outline stickers, one can see on the back of various Elise, Sevens, etc.

So everyone doing the 10CR bring your crash lid![/quote]

Tim

This year was the first time it was dry and I had racing tires on. I didn't do a flying lap so I just can assume my time. Reading my stopwatch I had in my car my fastest lap that day was about  9:40. But I wasn't hard pushing because I had to do a race on the GP track that day and my engine needed water every lap. That's why there was no flying lap. But it was lot of fun passing other cars with 20 or 40 mph more speed at some parts of the track. It was the first time for me at "Fuchsroehre" that I reved out the engine in top gear - 130mph. It was really difficould to get the next left hander. Complement to the other drivers not blocking the line. Unfortunately there is no video of my ride because the camera had become wet the day before on a cats and dogs raining event ;-) but the races on the GP track are available.

Good luck for your ride!
Chris

• 2 months later...

hello,

you maybe interested in this very old video tape from 2001 - the first one I have recorded.
It is a splitscreen with a view from another car.
My car is the upper one.

http://www.tr-freunde.de/video/carco2.wmv

If the video doesn't start, use "right click - target save" or something like that

Chris

Archived