Nuerburgring Nordschleife

Andy Flexney

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah - looked good!

Brings it home how dangerous it is though...

Everyone needs to be aware of the costs involved if anything like this happens - its very very expensive to call out their recovery service - and any time that the circuit is closed is charged with 4 figure numbers!

Don't get me going on Clarkson- the story of a man who has let his celebrity over run his reasoning- total embarassment- the mans a fool.
Now he has started to slag the Toyota Prius- why  oh why do we have to pay for this guy to open his gob and spurt out drivel Still glad he can afford a Ford GT!

Don't get me going on Clarkson- the story of a man who has let his celebrity over run his reasoning- total embarassment- the mans a fool.
Now he has started to slag the Toyota Prius- why  oh why do we have to pay for this guy to open his gob and spurt out drivel Still glad he can afford a Ford GT!

There was a motorbike... and a Z3 coupe (which I think look ace)  and some other car - all having had a bit of an incident with the barriers... separate incidents... but even still...

We'll be there Sunday morning I think...

Something like 15 euros a lap - it'll be totally packed - so may have to wait some time - and it'll only be for the brave methinks!

"I think" is a good expression on the 10CR.

In theory we will be at the Nurburgring on the Sunday morning for when it opens.  Staying for 3 hours if we are on time - there's a cafe there so we can get breakfast. It can also be a "rallying point" where we can all gather together again - some may have cut the route and got there earlier whereas some of us may be late due to having gone for the Stelvio which will need some hard driving to make.

You don't need to book - just turn up - see this link http://213.239.207.198/nuerburgring.de/275.html?&L=1

Regarding dangerous - yes it is and I speak from personal experience.

In 2001 I went for the first time (and only time so far). My Vitesse quickly lost it's brakes due to brake fade and then we lost power due to the points closing up. As a result we were tootling round and being overtaken by everything including two bikes with pillion passengers.

Just as the bikes past us one just fell over at the next bend, the following one went over too and the riders were all over the place. Bearing in mind my lack of brakes I was seriously considering putting the Vitesse into the armco so that I didn't hit them too - thankfully we stopped and tried to help.

I ran back up the track and put out my warning triangle and when I got back a German guy said "todt" - the first pillion passenger was the girlfriend of the "driver". I can't remember exactly what happened when but my mate was giving CPR to her, then the medics arrived, stripped off her blouse and were giving her electric shocks to kick her heart off again. I remember holding the drip and looking down at her - not pleasant at all. She didn't make it.

The other pillion was also a German girl and she kept drifting in and out - at one time I was talking to her and stroking her eyelids tryong to keep her conscious - thankfully she made it (at least to the ambulance).

If anyone doubts me I can show the video - not something I look at very often.

As you can imagine this event put a dampener on the whole rally.

Anyway, enough of that - I am going back next year and I am going to drive a lap. I hope people will understand if I seem a bit slow!

[quote by=TR4 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=63 date=1101244511]You can drive two hours in one go next year with the IG-Southwest.

We rent the track for two hours. Just a little donor an you are on the track.

http://www.triumph-ig.de/[/quote]

2 hours on the ring is fantastic, and no bikes or Porsches to worry about, I do it every year. But, I thought I would put this in as a warning to all.

It cost me 12 DM entrance fee but 12000 DM to rebuild the car.
(Sorry about the poor quality, no digital cam back in 1993)

AndyF

It certainly does look like broken... ;D

Sorry - couldnt resist...

It does scare me that I may break my car... but then it could happen anytime... when we're there Im sure I won't be overly worried - but I know I'll be the only one to take the car around the 'ring - certainly not letting my co-drivers have a go... unless Im feeling really nice... might sound selfish...

Andy,

12000 DM to rebuild her- seems well worthwhile- what a car!

Great 1998 RBRR memory- going up the A1(m) at what I thought was a reasonable speed (80ish)- to be totally blinded by the 6 main lights on the front of your TR as you kindly requested me to get out of the way! Don't blame you for this as you had about 5 big saloons on your tail- fantastic noise- awe inspiring RBRR moment! Bearing in mind that this was relatively early on in the drive and my first RBRR- I thought right lets get amongst them all, great until my o/d failed!

So on the 10CR look out for a GREY MK.1!

Archived