Nuerburgring Nordschleife

Andy Flexney

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=8 date=1098205043]
Who had hits in the Seventies with Sylvia and Hocus Pocus.[/quote]

err, was it Procul Harem?

Anyway, Radar Love was great!

This reminds me of the music debate we had on the run up to the last 10CR :)

Thanks Dean ;)

If you have checked out the video of the Nurburging now you know why I wanted to include it 8)

It brought back memories for me when I went round it in 2001 in my Vitesse.

Nothing like those speeds mind you and the brakes didn't last long ::) Oh, and the famous 6 pot engine didn't do me any favours either by losing power and overheating :-/

Yes i see what you mean.

Have to wonder if my tyres would be up for that!

After watching the Lotus boys on the passes i fully understand why so much Stelvio forum chat was dedicated to choice and profile depth of tyres. i read that they we're having to find tyre suppliers 'en route'. There again their long route does take them away for 2 weeks and 7000 miles i think.

Quote:
Maybe you could assign classic rock and pop tracks to specific sections of the 10CR route just to create the right ambience.

If you refer to the link Dean quotes it will show discussions we had.

I thought about putting together a compilation CD for the 10CR2003 - if I had have done  ;) track one was the Clash "Should I stay or should I go?". Just fine for those of us with a long run to the start at the Plough.

Oh - was the band "Focus"?

Focus.  Quite correct.  10 points, Mr Raider.

Bit slow on the buzzer Mr Bancroft.

How about an anthem from another seventies band for the 10CR?

"Take The Long Way Home"

Name the band and win a tie-dyed T-shirt and a pair of platform shoes.  Mind you, everyone will come to realise that you were pals with Methusela's dad.

[quote by=TR4 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=19 date=1098704270]see ya at the nuerburgring race way next year.
I have made an english side for people outside the German speaking part of the world:

http://www.marx-softwaredevelop.de/Triumphengl.html

chris[/quote]

Great stuff Chris, look forward to seeing you there, you obviously know the Nurburgring very well, maybe you can give us some driving tips?

Keith ;D

[quote by=Keith link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=21 date=1098858935]

look forward to seeing you there,

maybe you can give us some driving tips?

[/quote]

A German Triumph Club hires the track for two hours each year. The event takes place around june or july.
Always good fun.
If you have questions about how to drive - just ask.

Crhis

:)

Well done Mr Bancroft and Team Six Pot.

Supertramp is the correct answer.

And now the tie break question on Seventies Rock between Team Six Pot and Wedges R Us is:

What is the name of the lead singer of the American band that had a hit with "Jet Airliner"?

A great track to listen to in the car on a long journey.  Makes you wish you took the plane!

Archived