Nuerburgring Nordschleife

Andy Flexney

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course! you've gotta have some Motorhead now and again! Lemmy is one of my heros. I love the idea of when the doctors told him that if he kept drinking Jack Daniels at the rate he was he would be dead inside a couple of years his response was 'Okay, I'll just have to switch to beer instead'! :D

I just thought the idea of 'Born To Raise Hell' fitted with the idea of the 10 cr very well :D

Oh, dear, I think you've got it all wrong. The intention surely is just for everyone to have a relaxing, allbeit extended, sensible drive, taking in some fascinating sights and with occasional stops to listen to Mr Randle's incredibly colourful and well-researched local history lectures. How he knows so much about the Savoie is a mystery to me!

Don't forget your picnic basket!

[quote by=Greeks link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=32 date=1098950230]The intention surely is just for everyone to have a relaxing, allbeit extended, sensible drive[/quote]

And, of course, we are all going to drive thru the Stelvio pass at 12 Mph just to be safe :D

Watch if you plan to take CB radios into Europe.

They may be confiscated at Customs as the wavelength they use may interfere with other radio users using their assigned wavelength in their own country.

The frequencies allocated by the Government in this country for short range radio transeivers such as CB will probably be totally different in other European countries.

Either ask the Home Office and wait forever or speak to long haul truckers who are in and out of Europe all the time.

Definitely want a GT6.

Restrained, lithe and fast - just like me - 25 years ago!

I was showing a mate of mine, who I was persuading to be my co-driver, the RBRR stuff and he was very interested.

Then I showed him the 10CR.  It was like light the blue touchpaper and retire. He was planning the trip in his head before we got back to organising this week's Angus Classic Rally for which I have the honour of being Clerk of the Course.

He's just back from Monte Carlo after a trip down through France in a Mini with a bunch of like-minded masochists to celebrate Paddy Hopkirk's Monte Carlo Rally win 40 years ago, so, he's mad keen.  He'd fit in well with a Club Triumph crowd.  He bought the Mini for £200, spent less than £1,000 preparing it and apart from a replacement engine stabiliser bar, the car ran like clockwork all week.

So apart from not having a Triumph to do the 10CR, anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't be doing it.

[quote by=MWG445 link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,v=display,m=1098184129,s=43 date=1099169331]
He bought the Mini for £200, spent less than £1,000 preparing it and apart from a replacement engine stabiliser bar, the car ran like clockwork all week.
quote]

A grand! Blimey, did he gold plate it or something  ;D

No he didn't.

Just the usual reason, the car looked good till he got it home and discovered .........

Minis can be a bit of a pig to fix if they're gone in certain places.

Then it needed a respray in red with a black roof to look the part.

But just what does

Quote:
"totally equipped to Triumph"
mean?

You,ve lost me there and I'm a navigator.

Is this a reference to being "well hung" or something?

Archived