classics monthly

GigGleR

[quote by=jcarruthers link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1130498656,s=5 date=1130514128]Now I'm not saying this to be unkind...

But how many people does it require to diagnose a TR7 headlamp!?
[/quote]

It takes several to prise up from it's hiding place!

Well done - all publicity is good publicity.

But, must try harder - see Motoring Telegraph, 29/10/05, p10.
"Classic car crews battled the elements"   Yippee!  Complete with pic of Vitesse!

"on the London-Lisbon rally"
Who?  What?

This was, apparently, one of the 'HERO' events.  You might think, "Pro organisers, no doubt they know the right people to get their event in a national newspaper.  Ho, hum."  But this article is written by a competitor, one Malcolm Mckay, who did the run with his two sons (12 and 8!) in their Triumph.  I think he is in the media business, but this was a personal account.

Next time, if there is a next time, who in CT10CR can put a few words together?  Anyone, it would seem from the message board!  So write the copy, bang it in and see who bites.  Motoring Telegraph is probably the best bet, the Section Ed is a GT6 owner and they have published pieces on two of my Triumph based projects, but the Sunday times has a motoring section too, nowadays.

John

The Club's PRO Charles Colvin always sends articles out to the mags.

The 2002 RBRR was announced within the Daily Telegraph Sat. motoring section.

The 10CR also received some coverage within C&SC.

Malcolm McKay is a freelance journo. who gets published within C&SC, Octane and Classic Cars.

Okay, so he's one of the 'in' crowd.
But no!  I wrote a piece about a Spitfire, the 'Last Spitfire' that I came across in France and the Tel accepted it.  I even got paid!
Mr.McKay's article was very personal - I think that's what they want, rather than "CT to hold 10CR."  press releases.  A fully written article is cheaper than sending a reporter to write one for you, and "It happened to me" is always better in the media than, "This happened to them". 

Bit too late now, unless anyone wants a go.  Lots of drama and incident, just from trawling the MsB, but go for your own story.  800-1000 words?

John

Archived