route idea for 10cr07?

I have just seen the alpine rally route on http://www.canleyclassics.com/museumcars.asp?article=6003vc
now I know we wouldn't do a rally proper, but given the countries involved are the ones we have already driven through for 10cr05
and how the alpine driving was the high point (!)

how about seeinh how many of those roads could be incorporated for '07?

j

Totally different type of event from the 10CR.

If you're into the Monte check out

http://www.acm.mc/rmch/rmch_main.php

These are the route details for the Automobile Club de Monaco's Monte Carlo Rallye Historique which has just finished.

This is the real deal with five starting points dotted around Europe and uses the actual roads from the original event.

Not cheap though and don't expect an entry if you've got a Mini Cooper.

I've followed this event for a number of years now.  It gets little publicity in this country in classic car magazines and for some strange reason, the number of Brits entering this year is at an all time low.

Have a look round the website at the maps and route cards.  It's a brilliant website.

In fact, almost everything is there to show you what is required to run an event all over Europe.

Makes you think what Raider had to do to get Club Triumph round 10 countries for a fraction of the price and without the resources that the Automobile Club de Monaco can call upon to put on a couple of other small events such as the Monte Carlo Rally and the Monaco Grand Prix.

McJim.

Not just 'posh' cars compete.

In past years there have been Triumph Heralds, Fiat 500's, Citroen 2CV's and all sorts of more modest machinery.

Trouble is with this type of event, and this is by no means a criticism, is that due to the expense of doing the event, the vast majority of the entrants have expensive cars.

All credit to the Automobile Club de Monaco in that they will almost guarantee an entry, entries being by invitation only, to small uncompetitive cars to stop it becoming a Lancia Stratos/Porsche Carrera 911 exclusive event.

My mate, Douglas, wants to enter in a Triumph, possibly next year.  He's talking about using an early Spitfire as he's considering selling his Herald Coupe.  The organisers have assured him that his entry will be looked on favourably since he'll be using a car not often seen on continental events.

McJim.

"Elidgable cars  - TRIUMPH : TR2 - TR3, A - Hérald, coupé - TR4 - Vitesse - 2500 PI - Spitfire (->65) - GT 6 - 2000 - TR 5!
So almost anything Triumph goes, before TR6.  Only Mk2 Spit, strangely, when all the others are legit.  I suppose it's what competed in Ye Olde Dayes.

John

• 1 month later...

In past years there have been Triumph Heralds, Fiat 500's, Citroen 2CV's and all sorts of more modest machinery

We wouldn't do the 10 CR in any other car than the Herald, obviously we have modified it but it  is still is a 1147cc and more mods are in store :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just discovered this: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-3509399108602105578&q=rendezvous

Lelouch drives the route of his film, "C'etait un rendez-vous" again!
You need better French than mine to follow his discussion with an interviewer, but it's fun for fans of the film (Enough alliteration! - Ed)
  The aged director sticks to the speed limit, but even then can't resist overtaking on the wrong side, just once!

But how about a 'Rendezvous Revisited' on the 10CR?
0500 through Paris, as fast as you dare.
Extra points if the girl's still there!

John

Archived