Purse stringsWellWe

I think it is around 850-900 miles to the South of France so working on the idea that the trip would average at being triangular and that leg being 1/3 of the trip then the overall mileage could be 2500-2700. I know that sounds like a very random answer but I would have thought that 2500 miles won't be far wrong depending on the countries and route taken.

neil

Food and beer !?!? These are standing charges and should not be used for budgetting for the run :-)

It's "only" 2500 miles but have a look at the Stelvio - your average speed and mpg doing that will be "unusual" - on the mountain roads you have to drive hard to keep an average 30 mph overall. Don't just look at dostances, look at terrain and gradient - now add in the grin factor and you'll see why you must do this event!

[quote by=davesideways link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1160663619,s=3 date=1160699484]I think I may be forced to enter.

Spare seat is available....I do like to do most of the driving, once I reach the "zone" :) However you will get some opportunity to drive :P

[/quote]

Me Me  ;D

I'm serious btw  :P

[quote by=canleyclassics link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1160663619,s=12 date=1160982883]If anyone is stuck for a 10CR motor I have one here they can borrow. It's a 1965 Spitfire, very nice history (clue- Coventry registered), and very low mileage. Not fussed who drives it, and not to bothered to much about damage/breakage, I'm sure whoever borrows it will sort that before giving it back. You just need to sort out your own insurance, petrol money, etc, any takers?[/quote]

For a moment I thought that you were offering ADU4B, but then I realised it is 1964 car, not a 65 one. :)  but if it is on offer, I'll be at the front of the stampede  ;D

[quote by=KevinR link=Blah.pl?b=10CR,m=1160663619,s=14 date=1160996682]

For a moment I thought that you were offering ADU4B, but then I realised it is 1964 car, not a 65 one. :)  but if it is on offer, I'll be at the front of the stampede  ;D[/quote]

Actually 4B is a 65 car (so is the Macau). The 64 cars were built on X (experimental) chassis number's. They were re-chassied, and comprehensively rebuilt in 65 on production chassis numbers, not much if anything of the 64 cars survived in the rebuild's. Can it be the only time ever that the same registration numbers were attached to cars with totally different chassis numbers?

I have a photo a that cars interior on my garagewall which I took some 5 years ? ago in your old shed! The interior is very original and I took the photo for reference when rebuilding my car.
If my Spitfire 4 is not finished for the 10CR 2007 and the Sprint will still be unreliable .... then I might also be interested as I definetely will take part in the 10CR 2007 ...
But with some luck the Sprint will stay reliable and the Spitfire should be finished for the summer 2007, so I can choose from 2 cars ...

Archived