GigGleR

at some point on the 10cr the finger tip on the ring finger of my right hand went numb and is still numb. I have been told that its down to the vibrations transmitted through a wood rimmed steering wheel rather than a padded one. Should I have done a risk assessment before the event?  ;D ;D ;D

ooh nasty!  Try googling "vibration white finger"  - it's a know malady!  The worst thing is that it builds up from a cumulative effect.  Extended power tool use can cause the same!

However I can't see a wooden wheel transmitting any more or less vibe than most normal classic steering wheels that had minimal padding anyway?  Is the old bus manual or PS?  I thought Mk1's had a "donut" in the steering coupling anyway, which should allieviate that?

If your vibe was bad enough to cause that, then never mind what wheel is fitted, you should look to identify and remedy the cause!

I've succumbed to a bout of 10CR Elbow - the quack diagnoses Tendonitis brought about by resting my elbow in the same place for long periods - it's bloody painful but at least the happy pills the quack's given me are entertaining - improved my flatulence to olympic standard (to be fair driving my modern and working at a PC also played a part in the tendonitis, I'm naturally blessed with the flatulence)

Quoted from GigGleR
Sorry, theres a slight misunderstanding here I think. It was my old man..............

GT6_Mike wrote:

I thought you could get pills for that too  ;D

Almost spat my tea out...

:-)

Then started wondering what you had been doing with the power tools and your old man......

:-/

Colin

Archived