"Read all about it.."

Bought the magazine yesterday, well done Mike!

BTW that nice mk1 2000 racer is in the mag., as well as a 400,000 mile TR250 that is from San Diego-original engine-never opened-impressive!

I did have a subscription up until recently-think I may subscribe again as the mag is def. better these days.

timbancroft61 wrote:

I did have a subscription up until recently-think I may subscribe again as the mag is def. better these days.

Funnily enough, I just cancelled my subscription as I felt it was a bit lightweight. I should get November's tho.

Club Torque is the way forward 8)

Managed to track down a copy of Triumph World - excellent article!

Read the rest of the mag then realised that the editor is Simon Goldsworthy, who used to write for Practical Classics running a number of rare Eastern bloc cars.

Simon and another writer, Danny (can't remember his surname but his father was a Member of Parliament) used to make the magazine a sort of Top Gear type of mag with long road trips and daft runs around the country.

Then, all of a sudden, both were gone and a lot of the fun and humour disappeared and that's when I stopped buying it.

The correct thickness of feeler gauge or timing settings for a Vauxhall Velox become so boring without the obvious camraderie that existed at that time.

It would be good if Triumph World was more involved in CT events as in Simon Goldsworthy, I think that we have someone with a similar ethos to Club Triumph, "the club that does".

Triumph World on the RBRR?

Now I'd buy another copy just to read that!

Jim.

Archived