Munt La Schera Tunnel anyone?

Reg Barton

I'm starting a nag thread to get the Munt La Schera tunnel included in the route this year!!  Those who were on the 2011 run will remember it - for me, the highlight of the route.  15mins one way, then it changes direction - that one!  Hewn out of the rock, and just a fabulous noise all through it from the engine noise reverberating off the walls..... YES PLEASE!!! :P

Uh I remember that one - arrived at one end in the Stag suffering from an ailing fuel pump, Sat in the queue then went through as the lights went green, hiccupped through and popped out at the lake only for my navigator to realise he'd boobed and we needed to be going the opposite way so turned around and queued to go back.  Just past green light, said fuel pump died. Luckily this way was down hill so we coasted quietly all the way to the bottom and popped out at the other end.  If we had broken down going the other way?  Hmmmmn . . . . . :-/

It looks like the entrants will get the 'official' route about 2 weeks before  [from the chat that's gone on] if the suggested route goes anywhere near the tunnel it'll be worth taking a detour just for the grin facter by the sounds of it