Small Chassis bottom Wishbone

Matt306

I have a lower wishbone on the near side with a nice oval for a hole as opposed to a circle. I suppose I could weld a washer to the wishbone but I am thinking someone will have a reason not to... So thoughts please?

Oh the oval is the Trunnion bolt hole, but I guess you knew that!

As long as the oval hole is not so large to prevent proper clamping of the spacer tube then that would be okay in my opinion. Make sure the washers are thick enough though, so they don't distort when tightened. 

Another option is to weld up the holes and redrill.

Quoted from sparky_spit-

As long as the oval hole is not so large to prevent proper clamping of the spacer tube then that would be okay in my opinion. Make sure the washers are thick enough though, so they don't distort when tightened. 

it's a biggy ... I couldn't get the socket on the nut as it had worn so much. I might try the weld a plate method and then drill a hole... or just buy one for 20 off eBay 

Quoted from sparky_spit-

it's a biggy ... I couldn't get the socket on the nut as it had worn so much. I might try the weld a plate method and then drill a hole... or just buy one for 20 off eBay