is my clutch going ?

charliefortune

I've got a CD and when I pull away in first sometimes, it feels like I'm in third and judders and shakes and generally complains, until I get into second. When it first happened, I though I had got the wrong gear, but I hadn't, it's definately first. All I can think with my limited knowledge is that my clutch is on the way out. Is that what it feels like ?

Also, how hard are CD models to come by ? Reason being, mine is in good nick inside, but has a rusty bootlid and a few bubbles elsewhere, needs a new drivers door and aircon only blows on the windscreen. If CD's are rare ( I usually see HLs) then I'll try and work on it. Or would it be more sensible to look for a new one. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, don't bother getting a new car. It'll cost you more in the long run and who knows what will happen to it. I've just bought a clutch for my Silver HL, getting it fitted tomorrow.

Everytime I accelerated especially in 4th and 5th I was just revving and there was no pulling. And as this week I have made several trips to basildon (40miles each way where i live) i have noticed that there is a slight juddering now in each gear (the clutch is on its last legs).

I bought a clutch from a shop in Essex for £50 inc vat. CD's are worth more than your usual bog standard acclaim, coz they boast elecky windows and air con. Don't get rid of it. If you got any mates that can fix cars, im sure they will only charge you a few quid or a few pints, compared to a garage that will charge around £25 an hour.

I did. I had a white one. Then i bought a peugeot 205. had a huge accident. then sold the white one, then bought the silver one my parents were selling.

The clutch is being putting in at the moment, by one of my mates. I found a huge crack in the chassis of my peugeot which im going to scrap now. but sell the carbs on ebay.

Ill be selling my silver HL soon though wen i find another suitable peugeot 205. The silver one will be going up for around £500-600.

Archived