npanne

Anyone know why the steering lock / ignition switch would jam?

I went to turn the wheel the other day, but the lock is engaged, and I can't get the key to turn to release it. It feels more jammed than stuck, if that makes sense - it feels like when you need to jiggle the wheel whilst turning the key to release it, but I can't get it loose - am I missing something obvious?

Down by the knees type.

I should have mentioned - the column is currently disconnect from the rack, and pushed up a bit for clearance - it it possible that I've trapped (or bent) part of the mechanism that engages with the column?

Hopefully should get in the garage tonight, so may be able to see more then.

GT6_Don wrote:
Colin

Bit off thread but I've noticed that when you type 'the' it always seems to come out as 'teh' are you dipslikstick or something?

Years of having the nice paper clip correct my spelling at work has meant my brain can no longer process typing the "teh" properly.

I try to go back and correct them, but when you are supposed to be doing your proper job it is quicker to just hit "post"

As for the steering lock, I suspect you have upset the position of the slot and the spring loaded locking bar.

Cheers

Colin

Archived