How can you shorten the gear ratio on a TR7?

c0cc0

Hi, a friend of mine has a Tr7 and he wats to shorten the gear ratio but we were not capable to find any parts to do it. I whould be grateful if you can give me some tips and link me some pieces. Thank you for the attention and sorry for my mistakes. 

Depends on what gearbox and back axle is fitted: 4-speed or 5-speed?

With the later 5-speed transmission and back axle there are various different CWP options, as that back axle was used in various vehicle ranging from Rover SD1 to the Sherpa van.

Hi, It's a a 5 speed and I have already searched for the CWP of the SD1 and there are only options with longer gears. For the van i searched online but I can't find anything. There are other options? Thanks.

Looks like most owners get more power by fitting a sprint or v8 engine so want taller gearing. Only suggestion I can offer is fitting a 4 speed axle and then possibly changing its standard Triumph 3.63 ratio for a 4.11. However this might not be as straight forward as it appears....