GT6 Shocks advert.

jon burrows

I've just placed an ad in the classifieds for a pair of shocks, but can't work out how to edit it to put my details in...derrr!
If anyone can tell me how I'd be grateful. If you are interested they are in Tring please PM me or contact me 07904 555730 or 01442 891101.
Cheers Jon

Louis, the Gaz catalogue says the serial no. for the MK4 Spit is 2270, but I don't know what the difference is. (I'm sure there are peeps out there far cleverer than me with the answer!)  I've measured them and from eye centre to eye centre they are 355mm fully extended and 252mm fully compressed. If you're local to me and want to have a look/compare you're more than welcome.
Regards Jon

Hi Jon, I'm around 3 hours away from you unfortunately. I will have a look around for dimensions or wait for someone else to reply. I'm not 100% sure what condition my shocks are in (havn't got there yet) but suspect they're probably on their way out.

I'll let you know though ASAP.

As I read it the advertised shocks are intended for rotoflex equipped GT6s with the brackets on the inner wings.  These use longer shocks than any of the swing axle cars or the Rotoflex cars (GT6 or Vitesse)  with the extended chassis brackets.

If you fit them to anything other than a roto GT6 with the inner brackets they will bottom out much too early giving a very harsh ride and probably strange handling as well - not recommended.

Nick