mk1 2000 sump/oil pump

nicmk1est

hi all
sorting out my mild oil leak :X
is there two differance`s in oil pump fitting? i bought a new oil pump with filter,but when i just removed the sump there like a funnel pick up with no filter
now with the new oil pump having a filter on it,do i cut the hole bigger so it can fit through
few picture to show you`s

pic of new pump

hope the pictures help

1555 wrote:
cheers andy,,,so cut the sump(d shaped) so the pick up and filter goes through and sits near the bottom of sump,and check clearence`s

MK2 doesn't even have all that stuff in the sump and suffer less from oil surge thanks to the central (and lower) pickup. My brother's 1966 2000 was terrible for oil surge leading to zero oil pressure when we fitted decent tyres and springs

got my sealing block helicoil`d,did all three
now ive takin off the oil pump,and it is worn,,rotor clearance is 0.009" and inner and outer rotor is 0.007"
now having looked at both of them there is a difference in where it fitting to block,here a couple of pictures to show you
duz it really matter in the difference in oil pumps?

block fitting

well,today ive fitted back on the sealing block,and fitted the oil pump,cut the d-shape out,cleaned the sump out,fitted new steering rack with bushes,fitted the bulkhead bushes as there was play in column,few more jobs to do before mot end of month
thanks all for your help and info  8) 8) 8) 8)

I had the sump off a mk1 pi engine in the garage today, sump had no baffle across the top and the houburn eaton pump had a rectangular section pickup with a clip on gauze that goes up into the pickup pipe. Had a couple of bits of silicon type gasket goo lodged in it.

Colin.

Only early Mk1 2000 / Vitesse / GT6 had the removable baffle plate fitted as standard with the cast iron oil pump with the round pick up "snout" . All 2.5 engines had the iron or alloy pump with the square pick up before all pumps were superseded by the alloy pump with the adjustable " microphone" type strainer , around 73/74 .

Archived