Vitesse 6 - alternative radiator options?

soundrediscover

I am looking at getting the original re-cored as it has finally bitten the dust (used daily for the first time in many years).

As a matter of curiosity, because these radiators are not available new, has anybody found a sensible modification for a better/more modern alternative?

My car is in decent condition and virtually original (1963) so I am still in two minds whether to preserve in original condition (and possibly sell on) or progress with my first plan of 'modernising' for day to day reliability.

I have a rad for a vitesse 6 here. Removed it from a 62 vitesse about eight years ago when I fitted a 2litre engine. Had been recored about 2 years before that.
Free to anybody if they collect it, can't state condition now as been behind bench

Cheers Andy

Don't disagree with anything said here, I battled with the unbolting yesterday evening and will go for the recore.

I was however, interested by this thread Sorry , link no longer available relating to the 2 litre Vitesse, just because I am intrigued by how people use (in theory) 'improved' modern technology to solve lack of supply challenges.

I think on balance at the moment I will stick to period options if I go down the 'improvement' route.
Depending on cost that will probably be limited to a Webasto sun roof and perhaps over drive....

Thanks for the input

Quoted from soundrediscover

I was however, interested by this thread Sorry , link no longer available relating to the 2 litre Vitesse, just because I am intrigued by how people use (in theory) 'improved' modern technology to solve lack of supply challenges.

I just dumped my last plumber as my bathroom had a dog’s dinner of pipes like that, instead of a neat job. Ok so you can make just about anything fit these days, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an improvement.

you can improve the cooling and much quieter  fit a palstic 7 bladed unit from a later era. to replace the metal fan.

converted my 1600 to stombergs added a 6.3.1 manifold and suitable exhaust with a single bell silencer , drove it hard for miles an she would idle in traffic with a std rad for hours
never missed a beat,  

just maintain a cold air supply to the  filters

Pete