Toledo/Dolly 1300 radiator brackets

Raider

I have 2 but they don't match what it shows in the manual and they do look a bit strange - angled downwards and the holes don't line up with the radiator :-/

All they are doing is sort of guiding the rad in  a horizontal plane

I'll get a couple of photos

ah, they resemble what i had in mind that I may have - you're trying to fit a Dolly 1300 rad in a Toledo I think?  

From memory a Toledo rad is shorter than a Dolly rad and similar to a Triumph 1300FWD with the mounts being integral to the side of the rad :-(

But I'll have a look anyway!

I had a feeling it might be something like that.

Of course there are probably a few incorrect parts fitted over 34 years!  It's not easy to get Toledo bits so 13oo Dolomite bits get fitted instead (which is what i ahve done too with the exhaust).

Anyway, the radiator is what was fitted to the car when I bought it - but I had it reconditioned. Here is what it lloked like when I got the car :B

The "wrong" radiator could explain why the new bottom hose I have doesn't quite fit and why the old one doesn't look right and has quite a kink in it :o

The lower brackets have never fitted as in bolted into the radiator.

The new hose fits but seems about an inch short - I reckon the radiator needs to come back at the bottom slightly hence why I thought proper brackets would help locate it correctly :-/

jus found a toledo parts book (thought I'd flogged it!)  - even curioser - the index picture shows lower angled brackets but the two detail pages inside show straight with angled holes as per your rad!

top 518956/518957
bottom 518960/518961

that makes sense as they are obviously diffwrent top/bottom - perhaps the Dolly book is wrong?

I'll be in the Dolly 1300 (don't wanna put too many miles on Blue) if it ain't out of action. I'd love to come in the 1850 but I ain't got an MoT yet. I didn't know the Toledo rad was different to the Dolly 1300. My Dolly 1300 might have a Dolly 1500 rad by Friday so it might be pointless doing a comparison. I have a spare Dolly 1300 rad so I can compare them at my parts emporeum.

I compared them and they look the same. I can't see them being different. I ended up fitting my spare Dolly 1300 radiator. The part numbers may be different but I'm 90% certain the parts are all the same. I'll bring my Toledo radiator on Friday.

Archived