Toledo/Dolly 1300 radiator brackets

Raider

Mike - having checked out Toledomans' Toledo radiator and his Dolly 1300 it seems that I must have a 1500 radiator and need the straight brackets.

My Toledo is probably fitted with a 1500 radiator - it certainly seems bigger than the Toledo/1300 radiator. :-/

So - the long and the short of it is - please bring your brackets Mike ;)  That is, assuming you are up for the LD

The plot thickens...

I've just checked my post-76 Dolomite parts catalogue and the brackets for both the Dolly 1300 & Dolly 1500 radiator are the same and they're STRAIGHT! I'm wondering if I've got a Toledo radiator with the angled bottom brakcets. I'll need to check my Toledo parts catalogue which is with my laptop. In the meantime here's the pages from the Dolomite parts catalogue:

The plot thickens...

I've just checked my post-76 Dolomite parts catalogue and the brackets for both the Dolly 1300 & Dolly 1500 radiator are the same and they're STRAIGHT! I'm wondering if I've got a Toledo radiator with the angled bottom brakcets. I'll need to check my Toledo parts catalogue which is with my laptop. In the meantime here's the pages from the Dolomite parts catalogue:

Martin,

If the rad that you have is bigger than the correct one, keep it in place.

I say this as I remember having a chat with Derek Pollock about the 1st RBRR. He used a Triumph supplied 1300 and the thing constantly overheated. Do 1300s have an issue with this problem?

Why did Triumph keep using small surface area but thick rads (GT6 and 1300)?

I'll be keeping the radiator don't you worry - I paid a fair few ££££s to get it rebuilt   ::)

On order from Rimmer Bros is a 1500 bottom hose now. I have said the hose I have (for a 1300) seems about an inch too short - Toledoman brought along a new 1500 hose and guess what - it's about an inch longer than the 1300 hose ;)

I reckon my car has a 1500 radiator which is taller and hence sits lower than the standard 1300 radiator so the brackets I have won't match up will they :o

The TR's cage is in at the back tentatively - don't worry, the welds won't break ;)

We would have welded it in permanently but the front section needs some fettling and until everything is located fully we won't weld all the brackets in completely.

Work has stopped now tho so that the car ia ready for the LD (when it doesn't need a cage anyway).

The seats are in fine and the 6 point harnesses have all their mounting points in place with re-inforced sections welded in where necessary.

Now it has to pass an MOT and me tidy things up before we have a "fitting session" for the crew :-/

Archived