Kul

Hi everyone.  I've heard that it is straight forward to replace a the Herald radiator for a Honda Civic,  which is likely to be cheaper and more efficient.   Had anyone tried this?  Which Civic should I be looking for (any particular hear or model?)  

Thanks  :)

1708 wrote:
Hi everyone.  I've heard that it is straight forward to replace a the Herald radiator for a Honda Civic,  which is likely to be cheaper and more efficient.

"Cheaper" is rather likely.
"More efficient" is possible but questionable, particularly as compared to a good clean original or NOS (or even new repro).

And then there's durability. I've had to replace radiators in several Hondas, Toyotas and Subarus over the past nearly 30 years, all because of deterioration or outright disintegration. Had at least one that simply "released" most all of the corroded cooling fins, and one or two where the plastic header tanks didn't hold up over time...unlike various Triumph radiators I've had. In over 40 years, I've never yet replaced a Triumph radiator save for those physically damaged by serious impact of one sort or another (be it from collision damage in front or stray fans and water pumps from behind)!

...My wider-than-standard 'Stanpart' one recently went incontinent...about halfway up on the engine bay side. Has a multibladed manual fine & never shown any signs of overheating in the 5yrs. I've had her on the road. My pal in the trade tipped some rad. gloop that he'd been sold by a trade rep. Seems really good stuff - totally sealed it.