Overdrive Topping Up

Need2Rush

It's up high on the side of the gearbox, a pain to get to from underneath but if you use a big syringe and a bit of pipe you can squirt some in. The proper tool is here http://www.justoffbase.co.uk/Oil-Syringe-with-200mm-Suction-Tube-Sealey-AK46
or you can do what many owners do and remove the tunnel carpet, cut a nice big hole in the tunnel and fill up through that from inside the car. You can use the bit you cut out to fashion a cover or get something like a TR2 chassis grommet and pop that in the hole.

Thanks for the replies.

Just one thing I'm unclear about and that is the overdrive unit.  I've had a look in the manual I have and no mention is made of the overdrive unit.  When adding the oil into the gearbox does this feed into the overdrive or am I on the wrong track?

As you can probably tell I'm a complete novice with this type of thing but am eager to learn.

make sure its EP80/90  GL4 spec oil   do not use GL5     it attacks bronze components    Pete
and put a good workshop manual on your wish list
TSSC do original copies and also CDrom of parts list and manual   worth while   no more guessing      Pete

Archived