Unusual Chassis Number

mikeyb

Noticed the other day that the newly aquired facelift PI has a chassis no MN####DLO - I've never come accross an MN before - would have expected an MG.  It doesn't come up in the Club list on the Tech Info either?

According to an old Six Appeal I have handy - MN1 built May '74 up to MN2153 the last one built July 1975.  Your car must be pretty rare.

I had a 1975 2000 with an ML prefix.  Same kind of era.  2000 facelift but pre TC.

Well apparently they (a few) have existed.. whether any still exist based on their ability to rot like anchors only matched by 2500S Estates is yet to be determined.

Definitely rarer than a Mk1 Pi estate though... that said easy to replicate... just fit late Pi engine to an S estate

To sidetrack a wee bit...

Today I saw a mint 2500 TC from this 74/75 model year that we're taking about, 17k on the clock.  One of the first TCs with the HS4 carbs.

It had a round badge on the rear pillar saying "TC".  Is that correct - I thought these said "2500" there.

Keep up the rarity bit, we need to make him feel ever so guilty about just thinking about breaking it!!

It needs a bit of work apparently, but not an insurmountable amount.

Trouble is he keeps having nasty thoughts about the engine going straight into his (not as rare as this car) Mk1 PI.

:-)

Colin

thescrapman wrote:
Keep up the rarity bit, we need to make him feel ever so guilty about just thinking about breaking it!!

I think it's clear he's not fit to own the car. What you all need to do is confiscate it from him and send it up to me. I'll look after it ;D ;D

maxpower_pi wrote:
thescrapman & spitfire2500 you had your chance but mikeb was the only interest i got

sent you a pm mike

Oh there was plenty more interest, It's just that Mikeyb is the one I have to borrow a tow-car and trailer from.....

I could predict the phone call very clearly....

Q. Ullo boy, is your trailer free tomorrow to pop to Harlow???

A. Bugger off, I'm using it!

:-/

Colin

Rust_Spot wrote:
Ooh - I see there's a smart facelift PI for sale on the register classifieds webpage.  In Somerset.  Tahiti blue.  Nothing to do with me I must add.

The Register site seems to down at the moment  >:(

If it's in good nick it'll probably be too expensive right now. A project facelift PI that I could work on over a couple of years is probably what I'm after in the long term.

Rust_Spot wrote:
The site has moved to http://www.triumph2000register.co.uk/

Cheers! If I'd been paying attention I'd have been able to figure that out for myself from the e-mail that was sent out when the forum moved

Nice looking car though. Asking price isn't as much as I expected TBH but it is a hell of a long way away  :(

Archived