J-type wiring ... the missing link?

Greeks

Hi again,

I currently have inoperable overdrive, but I have located a loose wire with a female spade connection.

But I can't seem to see/feel where it should be going. Solenoid and reverse switch both seem to have two wires firmly in place, and the short earth from the solenoid is intact.

I suspect my loom will be the correct coloured wiring, and this is a yellow/purple wire.

No suitable wiring diagram in either of my manuals and no sign of anything useful on the web. Anyone able to help, please?  :-/

The feed to the reversing light switch is on one of those sh%tty lucar double connectors. Basically the O/D circuit is daisy chaned off of the green wire.

Truly horrible!

You should be able to plug it in from underneath with one arm up the side of the gearbox.

ps You might want to squeeze the sides of the female Lucar connector together first. As the connector usually works loose due to oil/vibration.

Ask me how I know....  :'(

Richard_B wrote:

Yes, on the reversing light switch. The one on the side of the gearbox.

Nice one Richard - I would never have found that if you hadn't posted! There was no evidence of a breakage. It seems the tunnel cover is sagging (better than the gearbox mount doing so I suppose) and banging the connections.

Unfortunately the other pin on the reverse light switch is barely hanging on, so i have the joy of trying to replace the whole switch some time soon-ish  :(