Alfa seats into saloon?

josh18

• 1 year later...

I have just stripped the seats on my Mk2 to make new back  straps and cut a base  foam with electric caving knife , gee these seats are the worst complicated construction I have ever come across.  will it all go back ?????    should know by the weekend ...if not i may have to follow the clues on here about alfa replacements or others
but need light grey  code 78

at least no hog rings to fight but everything is glued to everything, and the  backrest vertical bungy cords will be a challenge to fish with a string,  

live in hope

Pete

well the hard part of refitting the back rest went well, made the new straps up ,  the seat squab  is not good,  the diaphragm is fine but the  homemade squab is no good so Alfa seats are being collected on tuesday  

good thing is i have miles of pirelli webbing   and a simple jig to drill the staple holes ,  looking at the price on Rb
well worth doing if you like a challenge   let me know if you need a few feet.

Pete

well tehy are in ,  the bug is the runners are only a few mm out from the Triumph floor , we made up some box spacers with  around 10mm off set holes
but to fit added studs in the floor , and a wider box section would have made spanner access  to the nuts mre productive

whilst the seat runners are flat had to pack the drivers on one side as it had a lean,  heck knows why , its clear of the tunnel and the height lever trim is clear of the cill

pics to follow,,  been along day of head scratch  and toil but they  support so much better than the armchairs ,,well suits me .

there will have to be a Mk2 version of the mounts and use full length  but a rectangular box would make offset  holes  and room to spanner a  better job

both sides of the car measured differing widths  btween mounting weld nuts , the old frame is quite tolerant , of misalignment  the alpha is positive size
so copy of the driver pedestals didnt fit the passenger floor     so undo fettle cut  drill repeat  syndrome

will try posting some pics later this week  , day out to relax tomorrow.

Pete

I found a car yard with a 147 and a GTV in it- the only two Alfas I have actually seen in Darwin. I went and had a sit in both and both were very comfy and the 147/ 156 ones in particular look to be very good quality- probably the only bits of the car not falling apart!
The GTV seats are much more supportive and most importantly for me much lower. I think for anyone wanting a sporty low slung position the the GTV seats are the better option. I have a race seat so anything is going to feel like it lacks side support to me but compared to the stock seats, both kinds seem to offer much more support.
Cheers
Josh