MK3 Spitfire Seatbelts

jamie31888

I have always found inertia belts in an early Spitfire a disappointing experience.

Perhaps it is just me. They lay wrong across your shoulder and the centre bit seems to be in the wrong place.

You could get your static belts re-webbed.

There are kits to fit inertia belts to Mk3's, you need to drill an extra hole at the bottom of the arch.

Cheers

Colin

Hi

I've got inertia belts in my Mk3 and have no problem with them, though touch wood I've never needed them.

Colin is right they do lay over your shoulder. I don't know if a collision would pull it against my neck. But the lap belt is fine. Mine are bolted to the body the top and bottom of the wheel arch.

If I were to replace mine, i'd go for a harness type belt but that's due to the way I drive :) My dad's MGA has lap belts only and I find them a tad scary in today's traffic - there's nothing between my chest and a hard steering column in case of front or rear collision.

cheers
Steve

2057 wrote:
Pics are too large to post here. send me your email in PM.

cheers

Reduce them! I do mine in Microsoft office manager, there is a part (can't think what it's called off top of my head) that says customise, and then for what, I.e. a web page, or forum etc.  ;)