pictures of carpet placement required

1971vitesse

Hi All
Can someone with a Herald or Vitesse convertible send me a couple of pics showing the shape of the vertical piece of carpet below the rear seat meets the bulkhead.

I received my carpet set from Newtons but the piece supplied was for the saloon which has to be modified to fit.  I am not sure how I should cut it and don't want to get it wrong.

any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
David ;D

I watch this thread with interest, as I'll be doing exactly the same job in 4 weeks time.  IfI get any gems of info I will post.

Come on everyone, make with the digital cameras, 2 chaps needing advice now!:-/

[quote by=1971vitesse link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1155242798,s=0 date=1155242798]Hi All
Can someone with a Herald or Vitesse convertible send me a couple of pics showing the shape of the vertical piece of carpet below the rear seat meets the bulkhead.
[/quote]

Hi David,
I'm afraid I don't have any pictures, the only intact Convertible I have is a little inaccessible at the back of the barn. The piece you're dealing with should be a smooth faced hardura type material, rather than a true carpet. The only difference between Saloon and Convertibles in the floor area is the additional vertical steel panelwork inboard of the B-post. This makes the floor and heelboard a little narrower, so you should need to trim the outside edges of the carpet/trim. If you place the carpet against the heelboard it should be reasonably clear how it goes,
Cheers,
Bill.

Hi David

This is the first time I've tried adding images to a thread, so here goes.

I hope this is the area you are interested in. The vertical section is, as Bill says, not carpet, but a heavy vinyl material. I got mine in a set of moulded carpet from Canley Classics.

It folds over and is glued to the the edge of the bulkhead after removing the seat squab.

Glen

Archived