Adjusting The Dynamo Control Box

Straight Six

Hi,

Having mis-diagnosed an electrical fault I 'tweaked' the control box on my Vitesse  ::). Now, having rectified the actual fault I need to 'Tweak' the control box back again.

What is the best tool to used to do this? I used a flat bladed screw driver before, but this proved hazardous to the skin on my knuckles. I assume the tool shown in the manual is not available, and anyway, I wouldn't want to buy a tool I'll use only once.

Any suggestions?

[quote by=Straight_Six link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1172489224,s=3 date=1172562953]A lot of people suggest changing to an alternator, but my view is that the dynamo has worked fine for 37 years, why change? [/quote]

thats a question im asking myself at the minute.....

Horses for courses. I've got nice original cars which work fine with a dynamo setup, I've no inclination to change them. On the other hand I've kept many Triumphs as everyday drivers and the benefits of an alternator make winter use so much easier. It's comforting to know you're got enough electricity to drive lights AND windscreen wipers in a long traffic jam!
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived