markcro

I had the facet fan fitted to my full width rad on the Spit for 5 years with no fan on my pully, no issues with overheating and the fan kicked in when needed, if the car was moving it would hardly ever kick in and caused no problems with air flow.
I never had any problems with the plastic clips that hold the fan to the rad.

Rob

royboy66 wrote:
Ok , I think this thread will get quite tangled if we all talking about Spitty cooling and GT6 cooling at the same tme !  :P ;D

You spitfire chaps have more room to play with ! :P :)

Ohh yeah....oops..didnt notice that it was a GT6 in question....cheers roy mi dear!

2009poolesparky.....The sender is a Daihatsu charade 1.0 fan switch US spec 87-92 degrees i sourced on ebay, works perfectly.

from experience.....

if you have both you get an air dam effect and you get virtually no air cooling with both fans, I removed the plastic crank fan and got a bit more bhp and let the electric fan do the work. For my next GT6 I wll be going down the rote of the Golf conversion it is a good mod for a 2.5 injection anyway. just an opinion.....

1700 wrote:
from experience.....

if you have both you get an air dam effect and you get virtually no air cooling with both fans, I removed the plastic crank fan and got a bit more bhp and let the electric fan do the work. For my next GT6 I wll be going down the rote of the Golf conversion it is a good mod for a 2.5 injection anyway. just an opinion.....

;)(whistle)

royboy66 wrote:
Ok , I think this thread will get quite tangled if we all talking about Spitty cooling and GT6 cooling at the same tme !  :P ;D

You spitfire chaps have more room to play with ! :P :)

I was refering to the kenlow that goes at the front of the rad, so no issues there Roy ;)

1700 wrote:
from experience.....

Interesting. If anything I would have thought that they would have complimented each other. What effect if anything did the electric fan running so often have on the alternator/ battery charging etc. ?

Archived