How to bleed clutch?

Moorzee

Cheers. So when trying to go down the tunnel off route i have taken passenger seat, this lets me lift back the carpet so i can see cover. Would i need to remove the support panel underneath the dash? It is a panel with four bolts at bottom and has radio placed in it?

Quoted from Moorzee
Cheers. So when trying to go down the tunnel off route i have taken passenger seat, this lets me lift back the carpet so i can see cover. Would i need to remove the support panel underneath the dash? It is a panel with four bolts at bottom and has radio placed in it?

Yep the H-frame needs to be removed.. a pain to get it back in and line up the bolts 😲

Absolute arse of a job. No way can i get this "h frame" out. Whatever nut is behind the top two screws is just spinning and for the life of me i can't get a spanner on to stop. Think its gonna have to cost me a few bob, gonna have to send to a garage. What a pain.

Quoted from Moorzee
Absolute arse of a job. No way can i get this "h frame" out. Whatever nut is behind the top two screws is just spinning and for the life of me i can't get a spanner on to stop. Think its gonna have to cost me a few bob, gonna have to send to a garage. What a pain.

Can't you get to the nut when you  loosen the center section of the dash ?

Quoted from cliftyhanger
7/16 spanner should get in there one way or another. Bit of a faff, but surely not impossible! Bear in mind alternative sized fixings may have been used, most often 6mm (10mm spanner)

Small 1/4 drive ratchet/socket gets in there
Whilst out I retapped my four chassis rail blind bolt holes and converted to  `bright` capscrews.
Easier to undo/refit

My experience of bleeding the slave cylinder without removing the tunnel cover is that it is a bleeding difficult job as there is hardly any room to get a spanner on to the bleed nipple and to then be able to undo it and keep the bleed pipe fitted as there is no space between the gearbox, slave cylinder and chassis rail. We managed it in the end. We did not try removing the tunnel cover.