What colour wheels?

GT6 John

yup im pretty sure its not recomended John, and im not just tryin to sell me wheels here! (that would be against the rules ofcorse! plus theyre sold already hehe) its like yes i have 205's on my 5.5J, yes the fit, yes they look great from the back but are TOO big.

its up to you anyway mate, its just as you GT gets better and you start driving it harder, i see you getting a set of 5.5J's in a couple of years.....why bother beatin around the bush?;)

Well all I can say is the 175s on my 4.5J wires have been brilliant and much better than the budget 155s that were on it before, but you've got me worried now!

They did the RBRR though, and lots of miles since.  I guess it's the pressure that the side wall of the tyre is put under when driving that is what is important when looking at tyre width to wheel width?

I'd imagine a wheel which was too narrow for a tyre might cause the tread to be slightly distorted as the side wall pulls it round into more of a curve. So it probably reduces the contact patch a bit?
Perhaps it's not so critical on higher profile tyres where the deep side wall can take more distortion before affecting the tread.

Jon, iv ran 205's on my 5.5J and yes are 'fine' but as AJ said it messes up how the tire sits, they would be even better on 5.5J, im only going 2 steps up with my 6J wheels with 195's! which are about perfect on that rim.

and jon YES, they WILL be MUCH better than your budget skinny tyres, they were budgets!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Jony, but have you seen the proviso of me getting them?

I just haven't had time to get the website started.

For example I'm just back from a thoroughly knackering 6.30am networking breakfast meeting followed by a thoroughly pleasant trade wine tasting and full sit down all afternoon lunch with 6 courses at a brand new trendy restaurant in London with a top Rhone producer!  The job is difficult and business tough usually, but sometimes, just sometimes, you do get a very nice perk! ;D

So I'm currently half cut and will thus get no work done on the website tonight!! :P

So the wheels are not coming my way yet!

4.5J wheels and skinny tyres are great fun! If anything they are easier to drive than big fat tyres.

Not only do they cut through water brilliantly they are really nice and progressive on the corners...

Fun is driving on the limit - no matter where that limit is ;D

Archived