Painting Spit1500 wheels

Rich_s

In a few weeks time i am going to sand blast my wheels and have them re-sprayed as they look terrible, think they have been brush painted in silver hammerite, streaks and runs included :D

Does anyone know if there is a specific paint code for the wheels so i can have them looking like they should, or would any silver paint be fine?

thanks
rich

Are they Ford Argent Silver Rich?
I know that's the colour for other silverware, such as the air filter housing and rocker cover.
Rich  ;)

Having said that when I painted ny air filter housing a couple of weeks ago I looked for but couldn't find Argent Silver so settled for some silver wheel paint and lacquered it with clear coat. I'm well pleased with the results. As good as new, honestly.

As mentioned, Ford "Argent" silver is apparently the original paint used for the oval hole steel wheels, rocker cover, & air cleaner.  Also, on the wheels, for an original look a layer of clear coat on top would probably work out right.  I like the bodywork non-clearcoated so that it looks like it always did, but the wheels from new had a look that now corresponds with having a layer of clear coat.  It must have been something in the original paint formulation.

Would i be right in thinking i can paint the rocker box cover in the same paint as the wheels? or does it need to be high temp paint? just thought if i am doing the wheels i can do the rocker box at the same time as its a bit grotty.

ta
rich

Archived