Morning all

i own a mk3 spitfire (missbehavin),and have just joined this forum.  She currently sits on standard steel wheels with chrome caps and alloy trims, but i am considering changing to wires or revolutions,  i would be grateful for some pics of spitfires with either of these wheels fitted . Heres hoping :)

Thanks. Sue

Sue, what colour is yours? Any pictures? We all luuurrrvvveee pictures!

I agree with the wires, but others have them and have no problems, it's whatever you like I suppose.
Personally I like wide standard looking steels!
Or perhaps minilite style, revo's are very retro and do suit the spit, I had them on my mini's when I was a nipper. ( amazed I can remember that far back)  :-/

Oh and welcome to the forum, where abouts are you located?

My 1968 mk3 with wires...

A couple of the pics are very old scans but they give a bit of an idea - must get around to taking some up to date digi pics sometime!

As for wibbles and wobbles on wires, I don't drive competitively but don't hang around either, I've never had a problem with them. As for appearance, I think wires suit a mk3 perfectly - very 1960s

Hi Sheepy

Thanks for the welcome most appreciated  :)   I live in wiltshire.  My spitty is signal red and beautiful!!  I will post some pics in the next few days.  dont remind me about getting old, the first spitty i owned was back in 76, have never forgotten the Reg  FBM381E  often wonder if she is still on the road.

pics on way

Red with wires seem to be popular, my friend dirk's spit that we are restoring is red (was, and will be again) with wire wheels. (see mk 2 restoration thread)

Ah sue, I was just a little un in 76, amazing how some reg numbers stay in the memory! My dads old mini cooper s will always be engraved in my void! Sadly it's no longer listed, so presumably it's gone!

Yes some pictures will be great!  :)

Cheeeers!

Ooh Tim, you are a bad boy!

I have been mulling over ideas for my mk3 when finished,

Wheels- toss up between steelies or minilites! But I decided to go for wide steelies.

Then colour- since a kid I always loved BRG, but I know light colours suit a round tail, so was thinking of baby blue.

I forgot about your spit until now!!! So that's made my mind up! Blue with steelies! Cheers matey!  ;)
(yours looks ace by the way) I have a nice warm feeling when I look at it! Ooooohhhhh!  ;D