Clutch slave cylinder

Alex

I'm thinking of getting a new slave cylinder for when I convert my mk1 to manual.
I'm sure I can fit a slave from a series 3 land rover,but just to be sure can anyone confirm?
Also can anyone confirm the part number?.....oh and what push rod will I need?

At the moment I'm just gathering parts.
I've got most bits in one form or another but just want to put it altogether right first time.

Thanks,
Alex

Alex wrote:
I'm thinking of getting a new slave cylinder for when I convert my mk1 to manual.
I'm sure I can fit a slave from a series 3 land rover,but just to be sure can anyone confirm?
Also can anyone confirm the part number?.....oh and what push rod will I need?

Thanks,
Alex

I've got a land rover one in my Mk2, was fitted as an emergency measure when the original failed as I left for last year's Little Devils.  Clutch felt better than it ever had before so it's still on there!  There are two types, one with metric thread the other with imperial, obviously you want the latter.  I bought it in error for the TR7 (that had metric threads!)

I did keep the part no but it's not in the file - may be in the car somewhere, pm me if your deparate and I'll have a dig.

MikeyB wrote:

I did keep the part no but it's not in the file - may be in the car somewhere, pm me if your deparate and I'll have a dig.

Not desperate but just trying to gather some bits together ready.
If someone has the part number( and knows it'll work)then that'd be great!

Thanks,
Alex

Archived