wtd-- head gasket

nicmk1est

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nik, stop sulking and get it done. You've got the parts, now get it on the road. Once you do you'll remember how much you enjoy driving it again. 🙂

I've said the same thing with the Red Shed a few times now, but nothing beats that feeling when it all comes together. 😎

Quoted from nicmk1est
yeah,,,got my money back,,,,yippee

So are you selling it as a non-runner Nik? I think I would have been inclined to at least get it running first to try and get a bit more money back.

Look at the link below. This was running, MOT'd and driveable and still only fetched

well the car is worth peanuts now!!! ive already spent £70 quid on head gasket thats gone pop but still runs fine,im not going there again,,im not made of money,ive tried my best to keep it on the road but thats not good enough,so something has to give

Maybe I'm missing something here Nik but given the choice of changing a head gasket or a gearbox, I'd go for the head gasket every time. I can understand your frustration as I've had the cylinder head off the red car twice recently.

I think as it stands now the car isn't worth much at all as any potential buyer would have an additional cost of trailering the car home. If you sort the head gasket out, it will be a far more attractive purchase and you will get more money for it. If I lived closer I'd even come and help you change it myself.  

• 1 month later...