AdamSindrey

Well, there will always be things that I can think off, no car will ever be perfect  ;D

And then offcourse I am lucky in that I have two cars to play with. For the DHC I went for the fast road cam on SU's. That's because the SU is much better in the lower rev range ie. is better on torque (which is better for cruisin' , apart from a V8 then 8)). In that respect DCOE 40 will probably work in that they have a higher air speed which is good for torque.

In my FHC Sprint I 've got Webers DCOE 45's on an (original ) group 2 rallye cam but that only starts to pull from 3000rpm and realy starts flying after passing the 4000 mark and goes all the way to 7000. So it really needs to be trashed to move (very) quickly (ask GTRoger after the Stelvio in 2003  ;D).

You see two cars with more or less the same engine but worlds apart in character.

You're the one that's gonna drive it so you decide what you want from it. In other words if you are happy with you car that's the only thing that counts  ;)

i suppose so .

I just want a good looking - as original as possible - with a fairly quick engine in it. hence the sprint engine. i have a few carbs - a couple of dellotto and a couple of webbers - but reading this and some information that triumph tune produced a few years ago i think that ths will be the best compromise. I thnk the v8 option would be too much for my brief.

I do have a fast rally cam but think that that would be pretty much unusable in todays traffice  etc .

Lister

[quote by=GTRoger link=Blah.pl?b=tr78,m=1139602618,s=35 date=1140474114] .... and something involving a coach in a tunnel    :o[/quote]

But that was already on the way down  :'(
Though till this day I don't understand how a TR7 and a big bus fitted into that narrow tunnel side by side  :o
And offcourse you can't remember the climb because it was sooooooo fast  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Adam,
Can't help you on that one . When I had the head skimmed it was because it was warped due to overheating. So the skimming was only to get it true again. When measuring the compression after running in, it turned out to be far more than standard. So pure luck which I then used when tuning it  :B
The only exact way to calculate how much you have to skim your head is first measure the volume and area of the combustion chamber. With these it is staight forward mathematics. Best way to measure the volume is with a good old measuring pipette. The area can be "counted". Put some transparent mm-paper over the chamber and copy the outline. After that it's simply counting the mm to get your area. Sorry I gave you some homework for the sunday afternoon  ;D
If that's to much hassle "just" have it skimmed to get it true.
Greetz Theo  

Archived