13/60 engine going for more power.

Gard

Hi, is there someone out there having experience whit the following combination:

13/60 Herald
mk iv spitfire head
Weber 32/36 dgev
Cannon intake
4-2-1 header and sportsexhaust
Kent TH12K camshaft kit.

It's all in the mail, and I'm full of expectations.

Yes interchangeable jets. Bought a set with different jets together with the weber kit.  The weber is setup for a standard 1300 and 1500 Spitfire engine, when delivered.  Even came with deasent instructions. Bought it from Redline Weber in USA.

It sounds like a good package you are putting together there. You probably already realise that you will only get the best from it by getting the fuelling, and the ignition advance curve correct for the flow, compression and cam characteristics. That means either some dedicated testing and tuning on you part, or getting a pro to do it via a rolling road session(s).

Going for mappable ignition would make one part of that process much easier and quicker of course.

I'm fitting an electric fuel pump and pressure regulator. That should take care of the flow.
Tuning the carb will be by the trial and error method. And then we'll see...

Electronic ignition and mapping will have to wait for next winters budget.

That's the plan at least, might end up with someone who knows what he's doing in the end.

The HS4's I've been able to find, has been worn out or to expensive for me.  Here in Norway there isn't many used parts for these cars. This is a project without a final date, so maybe they'l be in place at a later stage.