Rich_s

Recently i was given 2 front bumpers which i thought were the same and for a mkIV / 1500 spitfire, i have been moving them and noticed they are not the same, the one is identical to the one i have on the front of mine so i know thats correct, but the other is slight wider and the bend seems to sharp compared to the normal, any one know what it could be off? the mounting seem in the same place.

thanks
rich

Isn't the wider one somewhere bend ?
When i fitted mine i had problems, so contacted some ebay seller that sold a bumper to measure up.

Seemed my bumper was more then an inch wider !
After looking good & co, could see that it was a bit bend at the front ..

I've got another spare bumper (with rot /rust on the side brackets) in the garden, i can always measure that one up.
Came from a 1500 from 1979, but on the side there where plates saying spitfire IV and 1500 and the engine was out of dolly.. so frankenstein  :P

thats sounds about the same as this one, about 1 to 2 inches wider and the bend is more severe although not my much.

i dont need it, am trying to get rid of them but need to know what it is before can offer it to a new home.

thanks
rich

I have a very small ding in the front of mine which has resulted in the offside being about 1/2 inch wider. I had to use a plastic spacer on the bolt where it connects to the valance. Just waiting for a decent one to come up for sale.

1684 wrote:
I have a very small ding in the front of mine which has resulted in the offside being about 1/2 inch wider. I had to use a plastic spacer on the bolt where it connects to the valance. Just waiting for a decent one to come up for sale.

About the same as me then !  :P