Windscreen fitting

Hogie

Hi Folks,
            is there anywhere in West London/ Heathrow that fits TR4 screens without requiring a mortgage.

I was quoted £189 this morning by Autoglass and that is with me suppplying the glass.
Another chap has quoted £75.  Can anybody do better.

Roger

Can't you do it yourself??? it's only held in by a rubber!
fit the rubber round the glass, lay it onto the bottom lip of the frame and gently tease the rubber onto the lip of the frame; or pull it it with some cord, but be careful of tearing the rubber, with the cord.

Hi Dave,
              the simple answer is yes. However on Wednesday I fitted a screen. When finished I noticed the top right corner wasn't sitting as well as it could. So, using a rubber mallet I 'teased' the rubber seal slightly. In hindsight I probably teased it too much. CRACK, bu99er.

I don;t want to keep throwing £100  notes down the drain so over to the pro's.

I would really like to do it myself but there is a limit.

Roger

2601 wrote:
Hi Dave,
              the simple answer is yes. However on Wednesday I fitted a screen. When finished I noticed the top right corner wasn't sitting as well as it could. So, using a rubber mallet I 'teased' the rubber seal slightly. In hindsight I probably teased it too much. CRACK, bu99er.

I don;t want to keep throwing £100  notes down the drain so over to the pro's.

I would really like to do it myself but there is a limit.

Roger

OOOPS, sorry but reading your post did make me smile!! ;)
oh well, guess you can blame the windscreen fitters next time!

Rodger, doo as Dave has said, BUTTTT with two moer actions
1, put some lube on the rope /wire, and a little on the rubbber, it stops it digging into the rubber.   washing line cord is good. the bigger the better

2, have some one on the out side push the glass inwards,as ye pull the cord.

cord needs to over lap about a foot
IF, there is a wee bit of rubber no quite got into the surround, then it can pe eased on, with some thing flat,  by getting inside the seal,and pulling the ..some thing flat.. alang the rubber.
job done

ohhh dont forget to seal it,(whistle)(whistle)

Archived