1/4 light door seals?

molten

Hi Bill
That helps. I presume I would have to obtain window glass seals for mk2 GT6 and not the spitfire then?

You comment above accomodated the rear glass channel but what about the front. Does the outside glass seal go around in front of the 1/4 light to seal the light against the inner door skin? Sorry if this doent make sense

Thanks
Scott

GT6 door weatherstrips aren't available, modifying the Spitfire strips is the common approach. Some suppliers may be offering pre-modified Spitfire weatherstrips, in which case look for a different part number between left and right.

One caveat with the Spitfire weatherstrips. These appear to be made on original tooling, yet the manufacturer insists on cutting them all about 1/4" too short. When reported to them, we get the line that "no-one else has complained".
Buyer beware, I'm no longer selling them as they're not fit for purpose.......

Cheers,
Bill.

Ok. So looking a the photo above - as it stands there is nothing to prevent water getting down between the quarter and the inner door panel at the lowest point on the left of the quarter, level with windscreen.

I know that when I put the glass seals on this should address ingres on either side of glass but my attention is drawn to the (as yet) seal-less leading edge of the quater light looking down from above the 1/4 L.
If this is coming across worse than it sound when reading - I will get a pic and post later.
Just need to know if there is anything that is suposed to seal there as there is an unavoidable area for water to get in otherwise.
If not them might just have to make one.

Thanks
Gents

Archived